[Advaita-l] Brahmin culture under threat

Abhishek Madhyastha abhishek046 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 02:23:24 CDT 2012

Namasthe,

Although a bit off topic I'm asking for the advice of learned Brahmins
here. Some of you may already know this but let me highlight it again.
The Brahmins in Haryana are in such a situation that they don't know
anything about culture. There is no one to teach them even the
Sandhyavandanam! Recently, a Brahmin from Haryana contacted me on
facebook. He says that even though many Brahmins living there are
interested in learning Sandhyavandanam, there is no one to teach them.
All he knows is that he belongs to the Sandilya gotra. He doesn't even
know which veda Shakha he belongs to. He wants the Sandhyavandanam
mantras and procedure. I being a Rig vedi am facing a dilemma whether
its acceptable to give the same mantras that I recite, especially
regarding the Abhiivadanam part. Could some learned list members
advice me here?

Regards,
Abhishek Madhyastha