[Advaita-l] Looking for two Kannada songs

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:10:38 CDT 2011

As you know, Shankara has talked about advaita siddhi and also krama
mukti. Vaishnavas only talk about krama mukti and their conflicting
philosophies inspire the respective followers to aspire for krama
mukti. They, at least the gaudiyas, accept advaita siddhi but equate
it to sayujya treating it as one of the possible experiences of a jiva
like saloka or sarsti. But there is a difference between sayujya and
advaita siddhi, which is attained on rejecting even desire for
sayujya, which itself is based on the ignorant position that there is
one entity that needs to merge in to another.  Bhagavatam says that a
devotee who rejects all desires incl. desire for saloka or even
sayujya attains the very state of Vishnu. For such a jnani (para
bhakta), there is jivan mukti or realization of vaikunta here. Even if
one has bhagavat saksharam, there is fear of separation but for one
who has attained the state of oneness with Vishnu, through atma
jnanam, there is absolute fearlessness.

Shankara establishes  transitive equivalence between maya, ishwara and
brahman and removes the fear of  absolute identity in a dualist
devotee. This fear of identity does not exist in one with sankhya
buddhi.

My 2p.

On 19/09/2011, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Rajaram Venkataramani <
> rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If there is no such place called vaikunta, how can one attain saloka?
>> What is the point of path of gods and manes? If one has bhagavat
>> sakshatkara here, then this is vaikunta.
>>

> Vaishnavas accept two VaikunThas - one is prAkRta, within creation, just
> like other worlds and the other is aprAkRta beyond creation.  It is only the
> latter that is attained by liberated souls; the former is where souls go and
> return, for example from where Jaya-Vijaya were banished.
>
> 'aprAkRta' is also actually within prakRti, a transformation of mAyA
> bypassing the five elements.  'prAkRta' is a transformation of the pancha
> bhUtas.  This distinction has been brought out by the Advaita Siddhi, I am
> told.
>
> It is another matter that the Advaitic mukti is the only true mukti and all
> others are only relative ones.
>

> Regards,
> subrahmanian.v

Sent from my mobile device