[Advaita-l] on the term Bauddhavatara.

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 15:35:02 CDT 2011

Very well-said Satishji.

--- On Thu, 5/19/11, Satish Arigela <satisharigela at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Satish Arigela <satisharigela at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] on the term Bauddhavatara.
To: "A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Date: Thursday, May 19, 2011, 10:39 PM

>From: श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
>OK. Sir, I'll do as you said.
>But a person well versed in things related to buddha is expected to propound
>any theory in a manner that others can understand and check its validity.

What you said is reasonable. But I would like to add that one cannot expect to
transfer all the

base research that is done to arrive at some conclusions, by a couple of
postings in a forum.

This can be done if the other person, has some reasonable knowledge on the
subject or atleast is willing to know/learn...but otherwise it is very time
taking for the other person. This becomes especially hard when the candidate has
an attitude where she/he takes everything including stories(however nonsensical
or fanciful they may be) in their tradition as being true and tries to use
those stories as some sort of pramANa to invalidate a similar story in another
tradition.. It is like disproving obscurum per obscurius.

This is also one of reasons, I did not continue with you further on the other
thread related to similar topic.

I will not say more except for the following:

..bauddha darshana rUpA cha mahAtripura sundarI - from the bAlA tripura sundarI
sahasranAma

Likewise think about the the clear invoking of buddha in lalitA mahAtripura
sundarI trailokyamohana kavacha - These are there for a reason... it is
better known through one's own study than being spoonfed on this.