[Advaita-l] The Three guNas and the Atman

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jun 15 06:24:11 CDT 2011

Thus, the jiva is essentially free from all three guNas.  However, as long
as he is alive, the
play of the guNas is unavoidable as the body-mind complex is itself a
product of prakRti.  In the liberated state however the Atman is ever free
of all guNas.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

So, the absolute liberated state (triguNAteetatva)  can possible ONLY
after 'maraNa' of this bhautika shareera (physical body) is it?? mukhya
mukti can happen ONLY after shareera pAta & whatever mukti we get when
jeeva is sashareeri is kevala gaUna !!??  I think this is what the
impression we get from the above statement.  But we have to note that when
krishna says : guNa guNeshu vartante, nishtraiguNyO bhavArjuna etc. his
intention was not to explain the state of maraNOttara or dehAntara...A
jnAni is ashareeri, guNAteeta (ever detached from prakruti) only though he
is looking alive with body-mind complex.  ihaiva brahmaiva san
brahmApyeti, na shareera pAtOttarakAlaM clarifies shankara in bruhad
bhAshya.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar