[Advaita-l] chanDI yAga at Madhwa institutions

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 6 01:31:48 CDT 2011

Recently when I visited the PoorNaprajna vidyApITha for the
न्यायामृत-अद्वैतसिद्धकार्यशाला I noticed a
banner announcing a 'chaNDI yAga'
presided by the junior Pejawar Swamiji.  I had not known till then that
this
kind of yaga was performed by the madhwas too.  Later I came to know that
they too do the parayaNa of durgA saptashatI and use it for this yaga.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, mAdhvA-s also do the fluent sapta shati pArAyaNa.  And udupi matha
published durga saptashati in Kannada.  Since durga mAta is the 'patni' of
rudra deva and rudra deva is subordinate to 'vAsudeva', it seems they
donot have any problem in parAyaNa of one of the parivAra devata's stOtra
:-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar