[Advaita-l] How does one know he is a jivan mukta?

lakshminarayan S.R lukynarayan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 01:06:02 CDT 2011

Dear All,
I agree with Sriram.

It is for diciple to be a sadacharin and fine tune himself every moment to
become the best disciple. Praying earnestly to  paramathma everyday to make
us fit for the study of Vedanta. Then a true guru will either come to you or
you will be taken to him and he will accept you as his shishya. This i
am Quoting with my own personal experience.

The main quality that is required is patience and perseverence.  In our day
to day life we are seeing people claiming masters in kundalini yoga, hatha
yoga, srividya etc and giving crash course in them which is of no use.
Unless one attains the requisite adhikara, one cannot go ahead in the
sadhana. Only  a true guru will know what path is suited for an individual.
Now a days people do not want want to follow the injuctions of shaastra but
they want the highest attainment. A sanskrit shloka goes like this:

Punyasya phalamicchanthi Punyam na kurvanthi manavaah
Paapasya phalam naecchanthi paapam kurvanthi yatnathah

People want the fruits of right deeds but they do not perform the right
actions. But, peole do not want the results of bad deeds  done, but they
will do the bad deeds with utmost sincerity.

Right karmanushtana leads us to the adhikara of obtaing highest knowledge.

Instead of searching a jivanmuktha guru why not we surrender to Adi shankara
and lead our life as instructed by him. When the right time comes a disciple
will be at the feet of a true guru.

When we have Dasanami  guru parampara of aadi sankara(established in four
corners of bhratha varsha) i don't think we have to test and search for a
jivanmukta.

I seek pardon if i am harsh in my words.

Regards
lakshminarayan