[Advaita-l] Poor Parabrahman

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 08:22:43 CDT 2011

Personally I am indebted to the Madhwas because in their work "Mani
>> Manjari"
>> they go to lowest depths of decency in attacking the virtues of Adi
>> Sankara.
>>

> As is quite natural, there are many Madhvas who do not approve of the
> contents of the Mani Manjari.
> They feel it is a dark chapter in their philosophy. Several Madhvas, even
> scholars, harbour a reverential
> attitude towards Shankara.  I have heard that a Madhva scholar remarked: I
> have been discoursing
> for the last over two decades on the various topics related to the Madhva
> school.  I have in the past said many things
> that are disrespectful to Shankara and Advaita. I have now come to an
> understanding that before I could say something like that
> I would think twice.
>
> Regards,
> subrahmanian.v
Infact this has ben continuing from many centuries.The contents of Mani manjari is to say the least equal to Porno-yellow literature.Even though the Madhwas cannot contest with the advaitins on Brahma siddhanta,they indulge only in such types of attacks which to say the least helplesness.Several scholars have reverential attitude towards Shankara because Madhwa literature have no intellectual value.he has not written any Bhashyas worth the name,and it is said he discoursed only on "Aitareyopanishath".
N.Srikanta.