[Advaita-l] Brahman alone appears as jiva-jagat-Ishwara - some more references

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 23:48:05 CDT 2011

Namaste

I have given some Visishtadvaita Sruti references before.  Repeating them again.

Now they can give the Sruti references. Yasya Tamassariram-
Bruhadaranyaka 3-7-13- the Matter is body of God, Yasya Aksharam
Sariram- Subalopanishad 7-1, Yadambu Vaishnava Kayaha- Vishnu
Purana-the Water is Vishnu's body , Tat sarvam Vai Harestanuhu- Vishnu
Purana All that is Vishnu's Body, Yasya Prthivi Sariram-
Bruhadaranyaka 3-7-3, The Earth is God's body.

How to explain them with Advaita?

One more objection will be there if you say Maya is Jagadupadana the
material cause for the world.

Is the Maya same as Brahman or is it different? If it is the same you
will agree with Visishtadvaitis to say Brahman is Jagadupadana. If it
is different you will be doing worse. You are accepting there will be
two things Brahman and Maya and this is harmful to principle of
Advaita.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh