[Advaita-l] Questions on mayavada

srikanta srikanta at nie.ac.in
Wed Nov 10 04:03:58 CST 2010

You said  as follows:
<<  .It is too childish to say that niether Gaudapada nor Shankara criticised
Buddha<< <.
Do you think your giving an assertion without substantiang it  is unchildish?

Sincerely,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya

Dear Sunil Bhattacharyaji,

I have given the gist of Gaudapada's arguments which says that vedanta is
not Buddhism.Shankara's commentary follows that.If you say that neither
Gaudapada or Shankara criticised Buddha,what else can I say.To understand
that,you have to study Mandukya Upanishad and the Gaudapada karikas.If the
arguments there must be followed.If you simply repeat what I said,what
else is it?We are not indulging in vithandavada.
Sincerely,                                            N.Srikanta.