[Advaita-l] Bhagavan Ramana and the pain of cancer

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 06:08:35 CDT 2010

Why should I know that?  Also, is there any upanishad-based definition for
sahaja-samadhi?

My use of the term 'samadhi' is based on its conventional meaning where a
person is not aware of the world around him and is in deep absorption.  When
not in samadhi, 'vyutthAnam', he is aware of his surroundings and behaves
like any normal person.  Sri Vidyaranya takes such a person into account.

Even if someone says that Bhagavan Ramana was in 'sahaja samadhi' always,
his behaviour was no different from anyone else when it came to contacting
the world and interacting with people.

Best regards,
vs