[Advaita-l] Stages of Devotion

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 17:55:02 CST 2010

Nice quotation.  Vishnu Sahasranaamam says:

Sthavya sthavapriya sthOthra sthuthi sthOthaa.

Yagnyo yagnyapathir yajwa yagnyaangO yagnyavaahana:

Bhaghavaan Ramana said: If you think of something, it is there.  If you
don't think of it, it will cease to exist for you.  A devotee remarked: I
might ignore something but it may not ignore me.   Bhagavan replied:  It
depends on what was destined.  You have no control over it by not ignoring
or otherwise.

He wrote on the sand of the same thing to his mother prompted by a devotee
who could not stand the tears of his mother in her effort to take the 'boy
Ramana' home.  He wrote:  What is destined to happen will happen and what is
not destined will not happen.  When such is the fact it is better to keep
quiet.

Regards,
Anbu