[Advaita-l] On the forms of Guru

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 00:34:14 CST 2010

On 9 March 2010 23:41, Anbu sivam2 <anbesivam2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> "As far as the mind goes, in all the Indian darshana-s it is treated as
> "material" and is definitely objectifiable."
>
> This is from the standpoint of Brahman which alone is the subject. What was
> under discussion was from the standpoint of the jeeva.

It is not from the standpoint of brahman but from the standpoint of
the jIva only. Just as the body is objectifiable, so is the mind.

> Tell me when you are certain about the complete success of such
> neuroscience.  Right now the jury is still out on it.

Let the jury be out on it. It is still besides the point. Again I
repeat, not being able to know something because of the absence of
instruments is different from not being able to objectify it. Whether
one jIva can know another jIva's mind or not, s/he can still objectify
it. Even when a person A says "I cannot understand what is in B's
mind", it is still an objectification by A of B's mind.