[Advaita-l] A Perspective - 21 cont

Kuntimaddi Sadananda ksadananda108 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 08:34:56 CST 2010

Shree Viswanathji - PraNAms

First thanks for your comments.

Second I would like point out that some of my statements have to be
understood correctly. There is adhikaaritvam for applying the statements for
individual.

The last statement - the key word is ULTIMATELY - that is only after
realization one recognizes that he is ever mukta - all that process of
realization was not necessary - That statement is not for a saadhak who is
longing for realization nor the one who is desiring to act to achieve things
in life.

The story I gave - the fellow whet to his friend house to show of his new
chain in his neck. After chit chatting he returned back home and to his
surprise he did not find his chain in his neck - Thinking that he left that
chain with his friend he ran back four miles to his friend and asked him
whereabouts of the chain. When his friend showed it to him that it is in his
neck only hidden between the folds, he was happy and returned back.

Now the question asked - was that four miles of running necessary to find
the chain?

If we say it was not necessary since the chain was with him all the time,
then it is wrong answer since he was desperately looking for the chain and
going through samsaara with no end in sight.

If we say it was necessary then also the answer is wrong since the chain was
with him all the time and he did not have to run four miles for it.

The correct answer is - He had run four miles to discover that he did not
have to run four miles to discover the chain.

All saadhana are required to discover that all saadhana WERE not required
for realization. Notice the past tense.

Saadhana catuShTayam is required until one realizes that saadhana
chatuShTayam WAS not required for realization one self.

So also - Realization is required to recognize realization WAS not required.

Similarly sanyaasa too. tyaagenaike amRitatvamaanasuH - says scripture.

I was only referring to bhoutika sanyaasa that Bhaskarji asked me. One has
to give all dependence on unnecessary things and environments so that one's
mind is free from indulgence in all worldly affairs - what Swami
Paramarthanandaji calls it as PORT - possessions, Obligations, Relations and
Transactions -  minimization of these to the bare minimum helps in diverting
the mind to higher. In that sense bhoutika sanyaasa is helpful if one can
take it. Otherwise maanasika sanyaasa is a must for withdrawing the mind
from dependence on things other than oneself for one's happiness.

Therefore saadhana is required until one realizes that all that saadhana WAS
not required.

Hope I am clear.
Hari Om!
Sadananda