[Advaita-l] Krishna-Banasura Encounter

Murali Karamchedu murali_m_k at msn.com
Mon Jun 7 20:26:23 CDT 2010

Dear List Members,

Several years ago (not sure of the specifc issue or year), there was an article
in Tattvaloka that traced a detailed symbolism in the Krishna-Banasura
encounter, from an advaitic standpoint. The writer brought out several points
and explained the significance of the maheSvara-jvara and vaishNava-jvara, the
symbolism behind lopping off 998 arms, of Usha and Aniruddha themselves etc. I
request anyone on the list who has access to the article I am referring to, or
who knows the details of this interpretation, to please post it on the forum.

Thanks in advance,
Murali Manohar