[Advaita-l] Bh.Gita verse 18.73 - Was Arjuna an 'aparoksha Jnani'? - Part 4

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 01:05:31 CDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Dr. Yadu Moharir <ymoharir at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Dear Subbu-Ji:
>
> I have been enjoying your detailed discussion about j~naani.
>
> In your opinion how many known j~naanii's have been throughout the known
> history ?
>
> If very few then does this not mean that "aj~naana" is "anaadi" as well !!
>
> Regards,
>
> Yadu

Dear Sir,

For your first question the reply is:  There is no count.  When we say
'known' the knowledge must be having a source.  Again 'known' history is
also very vague and could have a very large range.  So, there would be no
way we can take a count.

For your second question the reply is:  ajnAna is anAdi.  Samsara is anAdi.
The Veda is anAdi.  The purpose of the Veda is to remove ajnAna, the cause
of samsara.  So, ajnAna is anAdi.

Regards,
subbu