[Advaita-l] Brahmasutra bhashya reference question

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:45:02 CDT 2010

I mixed up my references in my original post. I do mean karmacita and puNyacita
as compared to karmajita and puNyajita, but the correct reference is chAndogya
upanishad 8.1.6, which is cited under BS 1.1.1 - athAto brahmajijnAsA);  not
chAndogya 6.14.2 (paNDito medhAvi ...), which is cited under BS 1.1.2.

If anyone has a different edition of the sUtrabhAshya than Samata books (same as
1910 Vani Vilas edition) or the Motilal Banarsidass edition, I would appreciate if you
can check the spelling of the chAndogya reference under the very first sUtra and
update me.

Regards,
Vidyasankar