[Advaita-l] Query on Kaupina dharana

raghavender ganti rganti9 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 01:38:58 CDT 2010

Sri Gurubhyon Namaha
                                    I wish to ask the learned members if there
are any specific mantras that have to be chanted prior to Kaupina dharana, and
also of any prescribed procedure. I was invested with sacred thread 25 years ago
and i did wear kaupina and performed my nitya karmas till went to the US, i gave
up my shikha and kaupina after my travel to the mleccha desa, now that i am back
in my karma bhoomi, i wish to follow the rules by scriptures as much as
possible, i am a follower of krishna yajurveda. Any help in this matter is
greatly apreciated.
Sri Kamakshi
Raghav