[Advaita-l] wilhelm halbfass

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Sep 28 23:13:02 CDT 2009

> Unfortunately, the institutions did not agree. Several departments of
Indology and history
> of religion replied over  phone by saying that they where not interested
in inviting any traditional
> scholar since he was not "scientific" in his approach, and did not
adhere to a conventional
> academical method of religious studies etc.

I do not know of this scholar, but it would not surprise me in the
least if he is indeed much more scientific (in the proper meaning of
scientific scholarship) than his critics.

praNAms Sri Shrisha Rao prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I donot know whether Sri Stig prabhuji has  inadvertently or intentionally
avoided this query from you!!!   Ved. Brahma Shree K.G. Subraya Sharma is
an advaita vedanta scholar from Bangalore, Karnataka.  He is one of the
direct disciples of H.H. Sri Satchidaanandendra Saraswati Swamiji of
Holenarsipur, Karnataka.  He has undergone his prasthAna traya bhAshya
shAnti directly from H.H. Sri Sri Satchidaanandendra Saraswati Swamiji for
about 19 years at adhyAtma prakAsha kAryAlaya, Holenarsipur.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar