[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trvrtkarana (Analysis)

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 22:16:26 CDT 2009

Dear Sri Devanathan,

I maintain that my paper contains no misrepresentation of facts, no distortions nor subtle nuances one way or the other. I submit that you have to read the first two pages of my paper carefully in order to understand the methodology adopted therein. I doubt that you have done so. I rather feel it is you who is overboiling the issue and allowing sedimentation. Your placing the pancIkaraNa horse before the cart of debating textual authenticity is illegitimate and a deliberate distortion of the pratijnA, hetu and siddhAnta of my paper.

In any case, you are again mistaken if you think that many readers of this list have read the paper to begin with! As it is, for most of the list members, this discussion is taking place in a relative vacuum. So us conveying views and counter-views to each other on this forum is somewhat self-defeating in nature!

Regards,

Vidyasankar