[Advaita-l] praNava

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 15:24:38 CDT 2009

That's correct in my understanding -- because it's also followed by a vowel
(or if it were followed by dental n, m, y of v.

It comes under the rule of cerebralisation of dental n said to arise from
the 'euphonious' oral recitation of Vedic hymns.

As to your further comments, I'd like to think that were so, but can't offer
proof -- yet !

Michael