[Advaita-l] Three worlds

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 14 10:12:22 CDT 2009

Dear Bhadraiah

I'm asking because I was only told these in English -- so I'm asking for any
authorities..

Yes, the Gayatri for the three worlds (sometimes the subtle world is given
as daivi)

The three loka (which also I don't have names for) were told as I gave in
the example : the universal guna balance as seen through the day e.g. sattwa
in the ascendant at dawn and dusk; the local as the environment you're in at
the time e.g. in the market or the temple; the individual varying from the
dominant-as-born to the moods and thoughts  during the day..

That's the best I can do.. of course, it's all under Brahman and maya and
the individual only needs to fix the heart on the Lord ... but that's no
reason not to ask for source texts..

Michael