[Advaita-l] moxa-sAdhanA

Ananta Bhagwat ananta14 at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 14:07:50 CDT 2008

Dear Makwana-ji,
praNama

1/ madhusUdana advises nAma-japa to start with. May be one can do community work out-side family and friends' circle every week as a 'routine'. The idea is to engage in any activity which is useful to others but we do not get any material benefits out of it. This need not be a full time activity. We all can remember Tolstoy story that a man needs a very small place at the end (so greed is no good). The basic aim is citta-Suddhi. No inflated ego, lust, greed, one up man ship etc. Also, pravruttI or sahaja svabhava, and saMskAra also play a role there.

2/ I am already sounding like a guru, but I repeat what I told some one earlier; I don't think I am qualified to be even as a student. So, we can all share our thoughts rather than giving upadeSa.

3/ But are you really interested in moxa - that nirguNa and permanent state where you visit every night in your deep sleep? If yes, then you can find your own start-up method of nishkAma karma.

Regards
ananta