[Advaita-l] Discussion group on Adwaita

srikanta at nie.ac.in srikanta at nie.ac.in
Tue May 13 23:03:55 CDT 2008

Dear Sri.Ananth Bhagawat
I am sorry I could not respond immediately as I was out of station.I saw
your May 8 posting.What I am saying allalong is that there is a definite
tradition of Adwaita from earliest times to Shankara and thereafter.There
has been no variation or borrowing from other schools.I deny that there
has been a cross-correlation between adwaita and Buddhism.If one can
carefully study through the karikas Gaudapada has only examined different
schools rather than borrowing from Buddhism.This is corroborated by
Shankara in his commentary with the words,"na tu matantarah".I am in the
completion of my thesis on this aspect.I shall gladly would like to
discuss any point with the fellow Adwaitins.
Regards,                                             N.Srikanta.