[Advaita-l] aruna prasna

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jun 12 00:38:22 CDT 2008

praNAms
Hare Krishna

aruNa prashna forms the first prashna of Krishna yajurvEdIya  taitirIya
AraNyaka.  It  starts with shanti maNtra (bhadram karNe bhishruNuyAma
dEvAH) and this shAnti maNtra itself we have to recite two times...coz. at
the end of this prashNa it is said (bhadramkarNEbhiriti dve
japitvA)....Mantra-s like ApamApAmapasarvAH, asmAdasmAdito mutaH etc.
actually appears 3 times in the whole of this prashna...I think it is
better to study a good commentary on this maNtra...Our member, Sri UH
Subramanya prabhuji had once given some discourse on this aruNa prashna
during mAgha mAsa here in Bangalore.  I request him to shed more light on
this.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar