[Advaita-l] yajna - animals and trees

Praveen bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 05:37:12 CDT 2008

praNAm all,

Hari Om, Gadkari-ji,

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Shrinivas Gadkari
<sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
And of course the next best suited animal to work out this bhAva is
> - Man. So these animal tendencies will start rising in human beings. Needless to
> say, this is undesirable.

This is a very interesting point similar to that analyzed recently by
some Vedantic institutions too, in that most of the humans have animal
tendencies these days because so many animals are being killed and
they necessarily take human birth not giving up their earlier
tendencies. BUT this is invalidated for yaj~na sacrifices alone since
the sacrificed animal attains swarga (and mukti from animal birth).
However, I'm not encouraging animal sacrifices, but only putting forth
that the same is not true of animals killed for purposes other than
yaj~na.

kRshNArpaNamastu,
--praveen
--Br.Up. 4.5.15 */