[Advaita-l] nitya karma and job

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 20:24:42 CDT 2008

Dear All,
Pranam.  Latha brings up a good point.  Given that is mainly the current situation, are many of us violating varna dharma ?  Does it affect our adhikara (pertaining to dvijas) for sandhya, Gayatri, samskaras, etc ?

In addition there are many jatis that appear (traditionally)to have vaisya/kshatriya function and occupation but by varna are shudras.  How is that explainable ?

Any comment from acharyas or smritis that anyone may know ?

Dhanyavaad,
Ravi