[Advaita-l] Meditation (dhyAna), knowledge (jnAna) etc. in Sankara's advaita

Suresh mayavaadi at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 07:27:15 CDT 2008

Friends,

I see a very good conversation going on, and I don't want to butt in.

However, I feel compelled to ask for some advice reg. the type of meditation I've been doing lately, because I don't know where else to turn. Brahman Satya, Jagat Mithya...this is the basis of my meditation. What I do is, I try to see the falsity (mithyatva) of all that comes into my mind (which indirectly makes the seer alone true, satya).

Results vary on each occasion, when I do this. Sometimes, I am bored and abandon practice. Sometimes, I experience hypnagogic images, and once I experienced sleep paralysis. Last week, I experienced lucid dreaming. But since then, there has been no experience at all. This, in short, has been my experience in meditation.

Any ideas/insights on all this?

Regards,
Suresh