[Advaita-l] Fw :Pourakutsa gotra abhivadya

Amuthan aparyap at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 01:59:44 CDT 2008

Dear SrI JayanArAyaNan,

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:15 PM, S Jayanarayanan <sjayana_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I find it interesting that Amuthan was aware of the Rishis in the SaThamarShaNa Gotra, because I believe this is the most common Iyengar (Sri VaishNava) Gotra.

I knew about the Rshi-s in SaThamarshaNa gotra since I too belong to
this gotra. I'm not sure if SaThamarshaNa is the most common ayya~NgAr
gotra though its probably one of the most important given the fact
that some of the most important AcArya-s of the SrIvaishNava
sampradAya like nAthamuni, YAmunAcArya, tirumalai nambi etc. were from
this gotra.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:15 PM, S Jayanarayanan <sjayana_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Perhaps the SaThamarShaNa Gotra is also another name for the Paurukutsa Gotra?

I'm also a little curious to know if this is true :)

amudan.