[Advaita-l] The essence of advaita

prabha prabhagc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 15:08:32 CDT 2007

PraNAms, Krisji.

Shyamji has explained this very well before. Perhaps I shouldn't belabour
this point too much, but your answer would seem to imply that the
enery+action aspect (Maya) prevailed upon the water (Brahman) to make a wave
and give the wave a separate identity (the "I" ness). That makes the water
(Brahman) the subject of manipulation - which seems to make it less than
complete, ultimate, unaffected etc. That is my discomfort with the whole
idea. Anything that can violate it's unaffected-ness shows it to be less
than perfect. That bothers me. I take it that examples are inadequate or
that my conclusion is incorrect.

I thank you very much.

Hari OM!

Prabha