[Advaita-l] Discussion on Kharma Khanda

srikanta at nie.ac.in srikanta at nie.ac.in
Fri Sep 7 05:45:32 CDT 2007

This has reference to Sri Vidyasankar's Email on the above topic.I have
read in some book(I donot remember which book,but,I shall soon provide a
reference).Though the Sanyasins give up all  Karmas with the removal of
the sacred thread,there is a role for the sanyasins to perform in certain
yagas like offering "poornahuti",where offering of "Purnahuti"by a
sanyasin is considered auspicious for the Yaga.Also,there is a reference
in the Bhagawadgita that a Jnani leads those who perform these Shrauta
karmas(himself performing them well.
                                                          N.Srikanta.