[Advaita-l] Fwd: SSS, avidyA, shrI Ramakrishnan

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue May 29 01:11:04 CDT 2007

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Karthik prabhuji :

The main reason for my posting was to respond to Bhaskar's
implication that:

  "One can perform Guru Puja with great devotion, but at
  the same time not place the Guru's teachings (e.g. concerning
  the Panchapadika) in high regard."

bhaskar :

That is your perception on my observation, I cannot help it..I only said
'guru bhakti & guru sEva' are acceptable & to be done with sincerity & but
it should not lead us sacrifice our vivEka...I never ever talked about
higher / lower degree of gurUpadEsha & only insisted for objective
analysation of contradictions in AchAryOpadEsha-s (from bhAmati & vivaraNa
schools) within orthodox advaita saMpradAya.  For that matter guru does not
want his pupil to become a *yes boss* puppet, he wants his disciple to use
his vivEka (discriminative power) & questions him to get things
clarified...

Karthik prabhuji :

This goes against the very essence of the teachings of
H.H.Chandrasekhara Bharati Mahaswamigal, who taught that [1]:

  "If a so-called bhakta prefers to sing to the accompaniment
  of enchanting music the praises of the Lord, at the same
  time ignoring, neglecting and disregarding His divine
  commands, can you call him a 'devotee' at all?"

In other words, performing Pada-puja to the Jagadguru but
disregarding His core teaching is tantamount to treating the Guru as
a puppet, which is unacceptable to say the least!

bhaskar :

Totally irrelevant example, this has been said to the people those who have
been  ignoring/neglecting  their respective  *vaidika dharma/karma* &
simply passing their  time in flattering god's pastimes...This example has
nothing to do with an effort to do *tattva jnAna samanvaya* with a genuine
interest in advocation of shuddha shankara siddhAnta....If pariprashna is
not their in our tradition,  Lord Krishna would have stopped in gIta at the
stage of  tadviddhi praNipAtEna...itself :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar