[Advaita-l] jnAna-vijnAna, gradations in Atma jnAna, superior-inferior jnAna nishTa etc. etc. PART-I

K Kathirasan NCS kkathir at ncs.com.sg
Fri Mar 2 01:13:56 CST 2007

Namaste Sri Ravi,

Txs for the clarification. Let us also not forget that Sringeri Matha is
itself part of Sampradaya. It didn't create it. The Sampradaya , on the
other hand, stands by its own merit purely by passing down the Advaita
siddhanta through a living tradition of shrotriya brahmanishtas who may
not prefer to preside at a peetham. One is a subset of the other.

So it would be better if we stuck to Sampradaya first and then mathas.
This way we can avoid the pitfall of subscribing to a dogma blindly,
instead of a well founded siddhanta.

Warmest Regards,
Kathirasan K