[Advaita-l] RE: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 45, Issue 23

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 18:55:25 CST 2007

The entitlement to Sanyasa that is confined to Brahmins is a Vedic-smartha
tradition followed in all the Shankara Maths.  I suppose these traditions
get their confirmation on the Purushartha enunciated for each varna as given
in the phalasruthi of Vishnu Sahasranamam "Vedantako brahmanasyath,
kshathriyo vijayeebhaveth, vaisyo dhana sammrudhasyaat sudra
sukamavaapnuyaath."
I find Dr. Braja Kishore Swain is in conformity with my view vide
http://orissagov.nic.in/e-magazine/Orissareview/jul2005/engpdf/orissa_vaishansim_under_joga_cult.pdf
.

With Narayanasmrithi,
Anbu