RES: [Advaita-l] New member introduction: Asad Mustafa Rizvi

Ram Garib garib_ram at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 25 18:31:04 CST 2007

Sri Asad Mustafa wrote:

>  It makes me wonder if advaita vedanta is really as
> prominent in hinduism as you say it is.

In a way, you are right.

Mostly what hindus believe in, is an amorphous set of
beliefs influenced by advaita, dvaita and several
other schools. This is unavoidable since there is no
'book' that is universally accepted by all hindus. But
even otherwise, I would say that average hindu's
beliefs are more aligned to dualistic scheme than
non-dualistic.

With regards,
Ram Garib