SSS and Madhva (was Re: [Advaita-l] Review of MarthaDoherty'scomments on Sri Satchidanandendra Sarasvati)

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 19:14:07 CST 2007

--- Stig Lundgren <slu at bredband.net> wrote:

> Dear Kartik,
>

> > It occurs to me that there isn't much difference between SSS and
> the
> > dvaitins.
> >

> I´m sorry to hear that. May I suggest some further study of SSS´s
> works,
> perhaps? :-)

I most certainly will, and for the same reason I study Madhva's works
-- to understand where he went wrong :-)

BTW, in case someone is still wondering why I implied that SSS and
Madhva aren't very different -- they're both a-Sampradayavits who
propagated (false) doctrines in opposition to their Guru's will.

> > SSS
> > was an a-Sampradayavit, as testified by his own Guru.

[..]

> An then regarding your claim "testified by his own Guru": When SSS
> wrote his
> book "Mulavidya nirasa" in 1929, his Guru Sri Virupaksa Shastri
> said that
> "The style of the writing of the treatise is good, but the
> exposition of the
> subject matter is against the tradition".

Thanks for proving my point.

[..]

> Warmest regards
> Stig Lundgren