[Advaita-l] Some rebellious remarks on Sri SSS

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 03:05:10 CDT 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: "bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com" <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com>
To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:43:45 PM
Subject: [Advaita-l] Some rebellious remarks on Sri SSS

praNAms
Hare Krishna

By the way, is it permissible to draft reply to Paper on SSS by the one who
is already following teachings of Sri SSS & have conviction in it ??
Ofcourse, I am one of the hard core followers of Sri SSS teachings, and
more importantly I do not have an oscillating mind set to stick to
something sometime & jump to another some other time especially when it
comes to shankara's advaita philosophy :-))  Since the author of Paper on
SSS does not seem to ready to accept replies from followers of SSS, I
request the moderators to clarify their stand on this RULE...

praNAms Bhaskarji

Sri Vidyasankar had earlier clarified that participation by the followers is indeed welcome; the moderators only wish to avoid proof by assertion or repetition. His mail is reproduced below for your ready reference.

A couple of words on terminology. Though I have studied in an English medium school, I found words like epistemic, ontic, exgesis (SAstrArtha-nirNayam), soteriology (moksha-SAstram) etc. interrupting the reading, but plodded on trying to expand the term everytime I encountered them, and by the end of the first reading of the paper, I was comfortable.

I am sure a lot of people are eagerly awaiting for your and other followers of SSS's response. I particularly want to know how the followers of SSS reconcile the notion that pratyaksha / anubhava is the kingpin of pramANas with the Sankaran principle of Sruti being the pramANa when it reveals something not immediately experienced (Brahman is the foremost of such revealed things).

Regards
Senani

----------- reproduction of an earlier mail by Sri Vidyasankar ----------