[Advaita-l] Sri Satchidanandendra Saraswathi Swamiji - [was Pa~nchapAdikAchArya]

jagannathan mahadevan jagannathan.mahadevan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 02:41:57 CDT 2006

Namaskaram,

Thank you very much. This article is quite informative for someone who
had no background knowledge about Swamiji.

On 10/7/06, savithri devaraj <savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Namaste,
>
> There has been a lot of talk on Swami
> Satchidanandendra Saraswati Swamiji and his sampradaya
> or lack there of, or what Sri D.B.GongoLLi says, etc.,
> etc.
> SubbarAya studied gita bhAshya, nyAya, Vedanta, parts
> of pancapAdika, ChAndogya and other Upanishads, parts
> of Brahma sUtra, BhAmati, etc. under Sri Hanagal
> virUpAksha shAtry - the nyAya teacher for Sri
> Chandrasekhar BhArathi swamiji and other Swamis of
> Sringeri. In fact, SubbarAya's association with Sri
> ShAstry was a very long one - until the end of Sri
> ShAstry's life (Sri ShAstry was Sri abhinava
> vAlukeshwara bhAratI swamiji - the peethAdipathi of
> KuDLi Shankara Mutt, when he passed away)

Below is an historical question (no other intention except to know
more of the history):
Kudali shankara mutt was the center of Sri Ramakrishnans email
sometime ago. I wonder if the above excerpt refers to the same Kudali
mutt. Was this mutt also a branch of sringeri or did it have a line of
teachers independent of the sringeri mutt?
See quote below in the links:

http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2006-June/017563.html
http://lists.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2006-June/017554.html

> As someone mentioned earlier  – let's not pay undue
> importance to our opinions and biases. Lets stay the
> course of advaita...

Quite well said. If only we get that nishta in the course of inquiry!
But routinely there has been mudslinging in many directions - quite
unpleasant for anyone who tries to stay true to their own guru
parampara and still participate in a satsang group that is composed of
diverse groups such as this list. Not all of us are from the same
traditional line although we all owe our loyalty to sankara's
philosophy. I suppose we should learn to appreciate that.

Jagan.