[Advaita-l] Re: yoga in advaita vedA.nta (please ignore my previous post titled advaita and buddhism)

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 20:54:54 CST 2006

> Similarly do the many advaitin maTha-s in R^iShikesh follow any
> specific yogic tradition ? (maybe Sanjay Srivastava could answer this
> one)

Not that I am aware of. AshTAnga Yoga is usually the part of general
routine but not due to philosophical reasons.

(UP and now) Uttaranchal government is promoting the place as the yoga
"capital" of the world. The flow of $$$ is palpable in yoga ashrams
with vedanta ashrams as poor cousins. Mostly, teachers (and ashrams)
give their personal touch to haTha-yoga practice and claim it as "the
authentic version" or "unique discovery" and that's it. Yoga market is
very competitive. It is difficult to survive without any USP .

praNAm