[Advaita-l] Worship

Lakshmi Muthuswamy lakmuthu at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 13:20:46 CDT 2006

Namaste Dr.Yadu,
"Spiritual place/plain is not separate but rather our responsibility to practice spirituality on the vyavahaaric plain. I think miracle is not walking on water or flying through air but walking on ground without stumbling."

This reminds me of an AkhyAyikA a connected story:

There was a popular saint who had visited the village. people were moving in flocks to get his blessings from the other side of the river by boat.

There was a hatha yogi who came to meet the saint him walking on water.

The yogi said anticipating appreciation" Babaji I came to see you walking on water. I have spent 16 years of my life pracytising this.

The saint answered with a smile, "ko viseshah? What is so great about this feat. If you had paid 10 paise to the boat man he would have brought you here. You have wasted 16 years of your life!"
om namo narayanaya

Lakshmi Muthuswamy