[Advaita-l] naiShkarmya

Ed Akehurst edwardakehurst at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 27 07:23:29 CDT 2006

>(Ed) ... with the major emphasis having been within the tenets of Taoism.
>Advaita Vedanta seems the natural progression to me ...
>
>                                  *
>
>Does the taoist expression « wu-wei » (non action) has an equivalent in
>sanskrit ?  naiShkarmya maybe ?
>
>Sylvain

I am sure others are much more qualified than I to respond to this, but,
yes, it is my understanding that the terms are very similar, although I
think from what I have seen naiShkarmya would be closer to the full term
wei-wu-wei (action non action) which is more accurate as to its meaningful
application.