[Advaita-l] Re: bhAgavata purANa

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 11:23:09 CDT 2006

Namaste

> From: Ramachandra V Sharma <vram_sharma at rediffmail.com>
> Vishnu puranas are considered as Satwik, Bramha puranas are considered as
> Rajas, Shiva puranas are considered Tamas. What it means is that Shiva
> puranas consists of Satwik, Rajas and Tamas. Same way for Brahma purans
> consists of Satwik and Rajas. However Vishnu puranas consists of only
> Satwik.

Still that would mean a specific bias towards viShNu and against
shiva. We must remember that vedavyAsa, an incarnation of viShNu,
wrote the purANas. How could he have included tAmasik material in some
purANas and not in others?

Regards,
Abhishek

--
tasmAttvamuttiShTha yasho labhasva
jitvA shatrUn bhu~NkShva rAjyaM samR^iddham|