[Advaita-l] Science and Brahman

Sanjay Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 05:03:14 CST 2005

Sri Mahesh Ursekar wrote:

> I am curious to know how you adjudge that Vedanta
> answers the 'why's' of science. Can you explain or let me know where or how
> Vedanta answers the questions you have raised:
>  - why does the telephone behave as it does?
> - why is there day and night?
> - or the general question - why are the laws of physics as they are?

Why should veda talk about them? What has physics to say whether Akbar
was a good king or bad? Vedas are here to teach us about dharma and
moksha. In the process they might make occasional reference to other
branches of knowledge but that is beside the point. Veda has a
different subject matter. It does noes compete with other pramANas. If
it did, either the other pramANas will be redundant or veda will be
redundant.

praNAm