[Advaita-l] How can one claim to know Brahman?

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:40:25 CST 2005

Dear Jaldhar:

While your observation that my lack of knowledge on (what I call) the
"technicalities of Brahman" put me at a distinct disadvantage in
understanding Brahman, are you sure that that very advantage is not
doing the same to you? I say this because I observe the "I" being very
prominent in your statements. And as any Guru or layman, for that
matter, would tell you, the statement, "I know Brahman" is an
impossibility.

So, even as your "thought"ful advice to me is to brush up on my
Advaita, my "heart"felt recommendation to you is to leave the
philosophers alone for a while and read form the lives and teachings
of the Masters.

With heartfelt feelings, Mahesh