[Advaita-l] How can one claim to know Brahman?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Mar 16 08:51:39 CST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> In fact I (and you etc.) as Brahman did create the world so why from
> the perspective of Brahman would I need to do it again?

I was asked to clarify what I meant by this.

The goal of Advaita Vedanta is not to reach a new state called Brahman.
The jiva was always Brahman.  However due to maya he has became ignorant
of that fact.  The jnani is the one who has gone beyond that maya.  So
knowing that he is, will be  and always was Brahman, he knows he has
already created.  Time is also maya which should be transcended by jnana.