[Advaita-l] logic and shastra

praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com
Wed Jun 15 02:36:20 CDT 2005

praNAm all,

Sorry I'm jumping right into this interesting set of exchanges, being a
little picky though. (I'm reading this list after a long while, Maheshji;
happy to see you back.)

Maheshji said:

> However, the beauty of science is that it does not suffer from
subjectivism.
> It is independent of caste, colour, creed...interpretation!

praveen:
The beauty of science comes from believing with closed eyes that electrons
revolve around the nucleus, etc, and that can't really be pratyaksha too! :)
I forget the name of the scientist who said something to the effect that
"whats proven in a lab is no proof at all".

Shruti gives conclusions, while Science is on a seemingly endless journey,
listing facts as one sees them standing and the other proving something
contrary, of course being awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics. Now scientific
facts are bound to change while the Truth remains one.

Maheshji said:
> In fact, most scientists today would question very very strongly claims of

> consciousness being the ultimate reality. Even the good Dr. Goswami's
> assertion that the universe is self aware with consiousness as the
> substratum is based largely on conjecture. His explaining the Alain Aspect

> experiment is just one interpretation of the phenomenon but there are many

> others (multiple univserse theory, string theory to name two).

praveen:
Many scientists questioning this doesn't really mean that it is wrong. Thats
why science is still on the journey. The GUT (grand unification theory)
supports the argument that there is something thats common between all the
acting energies and they're trying to find what. This commonness may well be
called consciousness or something else, it still remains so!

jai bajrangabali,
--praveeN