[Advaita-l] Do Hindus have self-respect?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Jan 13 00:00:57 CST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, J-k wrote:

> Sometimes self-respect is better protected by refusing to retaliate. I
> am not thinking about the lack of legal action in case it is a formally
> feasible option. I rather mean the refusal to get your consiousness to
> the level of the barbarian who does not recognize or repect any self at
> all, his own included.

Punishing the wicked is not to be done for yourself only but as a public
service.  That same Tamil Nadu government that can find the time to harass
saints, has by many accounts I've read done an appalling job of helping
the tsunami victims.  (Thank God for the many private charities, foreign
and domestic which rushed to the rescue.) In both cases the cause is the
same, high-handed politicians who think the people exist to serve them
rather than the other way around.

It's a boy! See the pictures - http://www.braincells.com/nilagriva/