[Advaita-l] Do Hindus have self-respect?

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 13:04:05 CST 2005

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

[..]

> In the mean time do you keep Shikha?  Do you wear tripundra and

Jaldhar, I put a bit of vibhUti on my forehead and went to a grocery
store in the US, and people looked at me as though I came in from Mars!
A few even commented on "something stuck on my forehead". I'm talking
about just a tiny stripe, and even that generated reaction. Needless to
say, I haven't repeated that action for a long time now! Of course this
depends on how self-conscious one is, and one's capacity to handle
comments from passers-by.

In India, that's quite all right, but not so in the West.

> rudraksha
> mala?  Do you study shastras?  This is our revenge on our enemies.

-Kartik