[Advaita-l] Do Hindus have self-respect?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Jan 11 00:16:58 CST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, K Anand wrote:

>             Yesterday evening a team of policemen barged into the Holy
>             precincts of the Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam and arrested the
>             junior Sankaracharya while he was doing the evening puja.
>             The policemen were found to be wearing shoes and showed no
>             respect whatsoever to the place they were in. Can this
>             happen in a place of worship or reverence belonging to any
>             of the other religions? Why are we taking this lying down?
>             Do we really have any self-respect left? What do we do about
>             it?

In the US the persons involved would be sued for civil rights violations.
Can this be done under Indian law?

Did you read what the Judge said when granting Swami Jayendra bail?  That
the prosecution have completely failed to show a case.  Far from being a
power grab, this is the last gasp of a failing dictatorship.  The same
kind of petty harassment occured during the last days of Eastern European
communism too.  It's a shame that Swami Vijayendra has to suffer through
this but in a few days the government will have egg on its face again.

In the mean time do you keep Shikha?  Do you wear tripundra and rudraksha
mala?  Do you study shastras?  This is our revenge on our enemies.

It's a boy! See the pictures - http://www.braincells.com/nilagriva/