[Advaita-l] RE: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 32, Issue 7

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Fri Dec 9 07:42:58 CST 2005

Dear All
I will say that births are not accidental and Sri Krishna answers Sri
Arjuna`s query thus:Ch6Slokas40to44.That a devoted sadhaka who slips from
yoga never falls to a state inferior to what he has already gained and he
takes birth in families conducive for his further perfecting the Sadhana
.Actually he will begin exactly where he left.That is how we have great
souls who walked on this earth like colassuses eg.AdiSankara,Sri
Ramana,Ramakrishna Parmahamsa,and a host of other Great souls.Therfore we
can conclude that our swadharma is determined by our births and it is upto
the individual to follow it or flout it.Birth in a coducive environment
itself is an indication what is one`s swadharma.We are given human births to
strive for obtaining final liberation and if we waste it who is to be
blamed?-(Viveka chudamani Verses1 to 5)
R.Krishnamoorthy.