[Advaita-l] samnyAsa X tyAga - help (gItA - chapter 18)

mmrit mmrit at superig.com.br
Fri Aug 5 10:04:45 CDT 2005

Help-me! I am trying to translate samnyAsa and tyAga into english (from bhagavad gItA, chapter 18, sloka 1 - 12) and this two words seems have the same meaning. What your sugestion? I know that the meaning of this two words is different, tyAga is renunciation of the fruit of action and samnyAsa is the renunciation of action, but how to make clear this difference in english? (only by translation). Or do you think that the best solution is not translate this word, and to explain the meaning of them in a comment?

Regards
Marcelo D.B.R.